IPT training is available either independently from
Dr. Perez Garcia in his office, or at an IPT training workshop in the US,
Europe, or anywhere.
Schedule of workshops, and application
See below for details of Dr. Perez Garcia's
independent training program.
and agreement form in Word 97 format
Dr. Ross Hauser (foreground) in training
at the office of Dr. Perez Garcia (right).
March 2, 2000
Donato Perez Garcia MD 3
now offers an independent training program for licensed medical doctors to learn IPT.
are a doctor, the
steps of the program are as follows:
- Contact Dr. Perez Garcia, expressing your interest. An email form is
provided for your convenience. You could also send firstname.lastname@example.org
directly or phone him at 011 +52-(664)-686-5473.
Please include full contact information, your medical license number, and
your state of registration. An email address and web access are required for
communication and for access to educational materials. These inquiries are kept
- The course in Tijuana is a three day workshop that includes theory, observation, and hands-on training with Dr. Perez Garcia.
Participants receive a certificate and a three-ring binder filled with information, all in
English, including reference materials, nursing techniques, insurance
information, etc. By special arrangement, Dr. Perez Garcia may
also provide training in other locations.
- Contact Dr. Perez Garcia for the current
fee for IPT training, either just for cancer treatment, or for treatment of
cancer and other diseases. (This fee may be adjusted or waived in special
cases, such as financial need or the strategic importance of having an IPT
doctor in a certain part of the world.) Doctors are encouraged to bring
their patients with them. This way the doctor will receive supervised
experience, and the patient will get continuity of care after returning
- After communicating with Dr. Perez Garcia, getting all your questions
answered, and confirming your intention to proceed, you will set up an
appointment with him for your workshop.
- Core non-confidential educational materials are now available on IPTQ.org.
You should study the whole site, including all articles
and books presented
here, and should watch the PowerPoint slide show
of the IPT method. In the future, some of the books
and other materials may be available in printed or CD-ROM form. Some
material may be given to you directly.
- When you arrive, bring a white jacket, copies of your medical license
and diplomas, your curriculum vitae, and a portrait photograph. You will complete an
application form and sign an agreement to:
(1) Use and evaluate IPT in your medical practice for at least a
reasonable period of time. (Training slots are a limited resource, and
Dr. Perez Garcia wants to make best use of his time and yours.)
(2) Keep an open line of communication with Dr. Perez Garcia, advising
him of your general
results from using IPT for your patients.
(3) Submit case reports for all IPT patients, with follow-up,
to Dr. Perez Garcia and his authorized IPT Case Registry. (This
enables IPT doctors to share their results for mutual benefit and more rapid accumulation of
experience. Good aggregate statistical data will thus become available
(4) Give full credit for originating the IPT
method to Dr. Perez Garcia and his father and grandfather.
(Without them there would be no IPT to learn.)
(5) Preserve the quality and integrity of the IPT method by not
teaching it, and by not giving
confidential IPT information, to anyone else without the approval and
authorization of Dr.
and agreement form in Word 97 format >
completion of this course, you will be asked to fill out
a course evaluation form, and Dr. Perez Garcia will issue to you a certificate of IPT training.
- Doctors trained to practice IPT are strongly encouraged (but not required) to allow
their contact and practice information, and their photo, to be listed on
IPTQ.org/IPTQ.com, the official IPT website.
- After completing your IPT training, you will have the opportunity to
subscribe to a private password-protected website and email group, IPTdoctors.
and proprietary material is available there, including a discussion forum,
and treatment plans for several diseases, as practiced by Dr. Perez Garcia,
which are not available elsewhere.
- Follow-up communications and consultation with Dr. Perez Garcia are available, as needed. There may
be a reasonable charge for expert consultations on how best to proceed in specific
cases, on which medications are recommended for specific indications,
and similar matters.
- Communication and sharing between trained and certified IPT doctors is
encouraged. An email discussion group is available. More formal organization will evolve over time.